Wat Arun (Directions)
Wat Arun (from far)NOTE: The following directions are for anyone coming from the Eastern or Southeastern part of the city. I strongly suggest taking the Chao Phraya Express Boat up the river as it offers a spectacular view of Bangkok’s cityscape.
By Public Transporation
- Take the BTS Silom Line to Saphan Taksin Station. (The BTS has 2 lines. See their map here)
- Follow the signs (or people) to Sathorn Pier
- Take any ferry going North (facing the river, to your right)
- Get off at Stop N8: Tha Tien (your boat will pass Wat Arun on your left)
(See the ferry route here)
Now you need to get across the river!
- Walk to the other pier that is right next to the one you got off at
- Board the smaller ferry. It will take you directly across to Wat Arun
- Enjoy the ride and the view!
Copy this and show to your driver: วัดอรุณ
On second thought… just say: “Wat Arun” (Thais also speak pretty good English!)
Read about my visit to Wat Arun HERE