DMZ Tour Info
The tour group I went to the DMZ with is called Seoul DMZ Tour.
They have 3 options for their DMZ Tour:
I went on DMZ Tour 3 and recommend it. They utilize the full day time frame pretty well and you get to see quite a few important places, the most interesting of which is the Joint Security Area (JSA). The JSA is the iconic landmark of the DMZ and really shouldn’t be missed.
I would advise taking DMZ Tour 1 as I did not find the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel to be particularly worthwhile. A long period of single file shuffling down a tiny (you’ll have to duck quite a bit) monotonous tunnel. Worst part is you are not allowed to take any pictures, or even stop to observe your environment. Tourists in, tourists out.
Overall I was pretty satisfied with this Seoul DMZ Tour. Here’s a breakdown:
- Easy to communicate with and booking a tour was simple enough.
- They will come pick you up from your hotel. Pretty awesome compared to some other companies that require you to meet them a fixed location.
- Lunch was bulgogi, standard Korea fare but nonetheless always satisfying.
- They have different translators for different languages.
- Generally speaking, pretty professional & punctual.
You can read more about my DMZ visit HERE to get a better idea.
Thanks for reading and enjoy your tour!